How does the new Immunization Law SB277 Affect you?
The California Legislature passed Immunization Law 277 into law on June 29, 2015. The law removes the Personal Belief Immunization Exemption for children attending daycare, public and private schools. This will impact school enrollment in the 2016/2017 year.
Use your Care Team as your family’s resource. We are ready to work with you and your family to make a plan.
Know what immunizations you need?
Schedule an appointment with your Care Team
Your child may be eligible for free or reduced-cost immunizations; please
check when you call your clinic or contact our Member Services Department
for more information. Call our Humboldt County Member Services office at (707) 269-7073 or
our Del Norte county office at (707) 465-1988.
Resources for Senate Bill 277:
- Shots for School. A website that explains what the new law means and breaks the information down by the ages (child care, K-12, 7th grade and college)
- Description of Senate Bill 277. This document includes details about the bill, the immunization requirements for entry and conditional admission requirements.
- Vaccine Safety: Answer’s to parents’ top questions.
- Vaccine Studies: Examine the Evidence. A compilation of immunization studies from HealthyChildren.org
- Vaccines on the Go. A FREE smartphone App created by Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia with information about all immunizations and frequently asked questions about their safety.