5 Things to Know Now that the 1st ACA Open Enrollment Period is “Over”
The historic first open enrollment period for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“ACA”, “health care reform”, or “ObamaCare”) has officially come to a close as of April 15, 2014. However, there are a few important things everyone should know.
- If you got enrolled before the deadline be sure to make your payment to the insurance plan you selected. Delays in making your payment may result in cancelation of your benefits and you could incur tax penalties.
- If you are Medi-Cal eligible you can apply any time, even though the Open Enrollment deadline has passed. Get covered now so you do not incur tax penalties.
- Some people will be eligible for www.CoveredCa.com “Special Enrollment Period”, due to change in income or family size, for example. Native Americans can enroll any time, as well.
- If you applied for Medi-Cal between October 1, 2013-March 31, 2014, and have not received any news about the status of your application, expect to receive information in the mail in the next week, called a “Notice of Action”. You may need to take additional steps to receive your benefits.
- The next open enrollment period for www.CoveredCa.com begins fall 2014, for health benefits for 2015.
For more information or for assistance please contact Open Door Community Health Centers’ Member Services Department:
- Del Norte (707) 465-1988
- Humboldt (707) 269-7073
- email email@example.com