Health Connections is a free program available to Open Door patients.
The Health Connections provides patients with access to a Health Coach who is part of your Open Door team. Your Health Coach will work closely with your Primary Care Provider and meet with you to develop a plan to make goals specific to your health needs.
- Accompany you on your medical visits
- Meet you at your home or another location within the community
- Create a plan to help you reach your health goals
- Help you understand when and how to take your medications
- Discuss when to call your Primary Care Provider (PCP), when to seek care at the ER or when you can manage a health issue at home
- Assist you in accessing community resources: food, transportation, counseling, etc.
- Work with you to get more consistent care, especially if you see numerous medical providers
- Provide you with disease education
- Teach stress-management
- Increase your overall confidence and skill to help you get the care that is best for you!
- Are willing to make positive changes that could benefit your health.
- Partner with our team for at least 6 months.
[/grid-column] [grid-column span=”one-third”] [fancy-title type=”h4″]Did You Know?[/fancy-title]
“Health is not just the absence of disease. Health is our physical, mental and social well being.” – World Health Organization
Factors That Affect Your Health: