At Open Door we consider ourselves partners in your care team. We will help you develop your own personalized care plan and help coordinate and advocate with other health or wellness teams you are a part of.
- Bring a list of your current medications (or bring the bottles) so your Care Team can review them at each appointment.
- Think about what you need to tell your provider (symptoms, tests, other provider visits, hospitalizations) and what questions you would like answered. You can use the “Today’s Visit” form to help you prepare.
- For children’s appointments, bring your child’s immunization records.
- You are welcome to bring a companion with you to your visit.
- Let us know if you have a hearing, visual, physical, or other special need so that we can assist you.
- When you need to cancel or will be late for an appointment, please call to let us know as soon as possible.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes past your check-in time, we will do our best to fit you in but you may need to wait or reschedule.
- If you have three (3) or more late cancellations or no-show appointments, you will not be able to schedule an appointment in advance for a limited period and will be seen on a walk-in basis only.
Same Day Appointments When you are sick or injured we will do our best to give you a same day appointment with your Provider or Care Team.
Extended Clinic Hours Our clinics in Crescent City, Eureka, and Willow Creek are open on Saturdays. We also offer evening and early hours at some of our clinics.
After Hours Advice If you have a life-threatening emergency, go to the nearest emergency room. When you need advice after hours, a medical provider is available by telephone – simply call the clinic’s usual telephone number. Your call will be returned within 2 hours by a provider who can give advice and help you decide if an Emergency Room visit is necessary. Our on-call providers do not handle routine medication refill requests.
If you are seen in the ER or hospital, please contact us within 48 hours so your PCP or Care Team can help you with your follow-up plans.
- Bring your insurance card to every visit and be prepared to pay your co-payment when you check in for your appointment. We accept VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Checks.
- We accept all forms of insurance including Medi-Cal, Partnership, Medicare, Family PACT, Covered California and are contracted with most of the larger commercial insurance plans.
- We offer a sliding scale discount based on verifying your income and family size reported on a Sliding Fee Scale Eligibility form.
- Our staff will provide information and help you sign up for insurance programs that are available.