Walk-In Acute Care Services
Do you need medical care today, but you can’t get in with your regular Open Door provider?
Open Door is pleased to announce walk-in services for non-life threatening medical issues!
What: Open Door Acute Care Center (ACC) for walk-in appointments for established Open Door patients
Who: for all established Open Door patients. We cannot accept anyone who is not already a patient of Open Door.
Where: 2412 Buhne Street, Eureka, CA 95501 | 707.443.4666 phone
When: 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday (closed for lunch 12:00PM – 1:00 PM)
What: Walk-in health center (no appointment needed) for established patients
Morning appointments accepted before 11:15 AM
Afternoon appointments accepted before 4:15 PM
The ACC serves the following acute issues:
The Acute Care Center cannot see patients for work related injury or illness, sports physicals, or medication refills of any kind.
We cannot treat life-threatening conditions. If you have any of the following, please call 911 or proceed to the Emergency Department nearest you:
Applicants must be recent graduates (less than 18 months) from an accredited master’s or DNP program, licensed (CA APRN) and credentialed (FNP-C) or license/credential-eligible as an FNP or PA-C with a stated commitment to practice as a primary care provider in Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) or other safety-net settings upon completion of the residency.
Requirements for newly graduated Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
"The support and continued professional growth offered by the residency program during the often difficult transition from student to provider is priceless. I could not imagine beginning my NP career without it. The organization is welcoming and supportive and the diversity of the patient population provides unique and valuable training opportunities. It has been an outstanding experience I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to be a part of. I wish that all NP’s could have the same supportive start."Stephanie Randall, FNP
"I love the fact that when I started Residency and decided to stay on board with Open Door, there was and continues to be support available at all times.There is this constant push for excellence and growth; I love that there are constant ways to hone my craft as I am introduced to up to date treatment guidelines.The patient population and their feedback constantly shows me the reward that comes from giving and the need to continue to be better."
Values for Residency:
Marressa Ozokwere, FNP
- Heal and comfort; serve compassionately
- Serve as representatives for Open Doors’ Mission to provide quality care to all people
- Foster growth, excellence and positivity
- Excel at our craft and find ways to continue to improve. View Self-reflection as a strength
- Support and learn from updated research and share with peers; be a lifetime learner
- Treat all equally and responsibly use our power for good
Values of Open Door NP Residency:
- Promotion of a diverse provider workforce representative of the community it serves.
- Dedication to training NP’s to practice at the full extent of their scope.
- Promote provider retention in the field of primary care.
- Training providers to work in a low resource rural practice setting.
- To produce providers that apply their medical knowledge to care for complex medical patients with confidence and compassion.
“The open door NP residency allowed me to gain confidence taking care of the most complex family medicine patients in a low resource rural practice environment. This program taught me that being a primary care provider is about working as a team at every level to support each other and the patient in achieving their goals of care. The preceptors of this program set the bar for intelligence and compassion, each is dedicated to educating and supporting the next generation of primary care providers”Angelo Alfano, FNP