Our 6-week Childbirth Education classes emphasize the basic anatomy and physiology of birth. Topics discussed in this series includes birth preparation, relaxation simulations, breathing techniques, comfort measures, breastfeeding education, newborn care, and car seat safety.
Please dress comfortably. Please bring a mat or blanket and pillow for your comfort.
- Preparing for birth, Stages of labor
- Comfort Measures/Relaxation
- Stage 2 and 3 of childbirth, interventions in labor
- C-Sections, Infants in the hospital
- Car Seats/Infant Care
- Breastfeeding/Postpartum Mother Care
Childbirth Education classes are being done by Zoom at this time. Current classes are:
- July 11-August 8: 10:30 am-12:30 pm, Saturdays, via Zoom.
- October 10-November 14: 10:30 am-12:30 pm, Saturdays, via Zoom.
To find out more or join a class, please call NorthCountry Prenatal Services (707) 822-1385.
Classes are held at Mad River Community Hospital (Minckler Room) on Thursdays, 6-8 pm:
- January 9 – February 13
- February 27 – April 2
- April 16 – May 21
- June 4 – July 9
- July 30 – September 3
- September 17 – October 22
- November 5 – December 17
(No class November 26)
Classes are taught by Kate Maguire and held at Eureka Community Health and Wellness Center, Saturdays 10:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- January 4 – February 8
- February 29 – April 4
- April 11 – May 16
- May 30 – June 27 (5 week series)
- July 18 – August 22
- September 12 – October 17
- October 31 – December 12
(No class Thanksgiving week November 28)
Breastfeeding Support & Education
To make an appointment with our lactation specialist, Kit Meyer (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant), for one-on-one prenatal or postpartum education, breastfeeding evaluations, infant weight gain assessments, or feeding concerns, please contact us at: (707) 822-1385.
Learn about other support and classes at the local WIC offices, St. Joseph’s and Mad River Hospitals, and Private lactation consultants. Learn more at Humboldt First Five.