A Drug Discount Program That Supports Community Health
The federal 340B Drug Discount program supports community health:
- Allows Open Door to prescribe our patients lower cost drugs
- Creates better communication between your pharmacy and your care team
- Supports Open Door services
When you show your 340B card at an Open Door partner pharmacy you can save money and you support Open Door’s mission to provide high quality health care to the whole community.
Open Door patients can call (707) 798-6277 and our team will help.
In 1992 the Federal Government passed a law that requires drug companies to give community health centers reduced prices on some drugs.
That law created the 340B Program, which helps organizations like Open Door in our mission to provide health care services and more to as many patients as possible.
As well as passing on savings to patients, through our partner pharmacies, the program allows us to:
- Hire doctors, dentists, counselors, nurses and other staff to support patients
- Build health centers
- Teach doctors and dentists
- Operate mobile health centers to provide care at schools and other locations
- Help patients to get insurance coverage and find local resources for their health and wellbeing
- Improve our health center facilities, so that we can stay open whatever the weather
Some drug companies have decided to cut back the number of pharmacies where patients can get their drugs discounted. We want to keep drug costs low for our patients and keep our doors open to the whole community.
We can help you either:
- Switch to a nearby partner pharmacy that offers a saving on your drug prescription
- Change your prescription to a similar drug that gives you a saving