- Del Norte: (707) 465-1988
- Humboldt: (707) 269-7073
We ask that you contact us at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel your appointment.
We understand that you have a life that is hard to always keep on a tight schedule. Help us continue to run our day smoothly by informing us of any late arrivals or cancellations as soon as you are able.
- When you need to cancel or will be late for an appointment, please call to let us know as soon as possible.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes past your check-in time, we will do our best to fit you in but you may need to wait or reschedule.
- If you have three or more late cancellations or no-show appointments, you will not be able to schedule an appointment in advance for a limited period and will be seen on a walk-in basis only.
- When you establish care with Open Door you will be assigned a Primary Care Provider (a Physician, Physician’s Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner).
- You will also be assigned a Care Team, including medical and support staff who will help you with your care plan.
- Call or visit the clinic to schedule an appointment. When you are sick or injured we will do our best to give you a same day appointment.
You can learn more about Patient-Centered Care at Open Door.
- Bring a list of your current medications (or the bottles) so your Care Team can review them.
- Think about what you need to tell your provider (symptoms, tests, other provider visits, hospitalizations) and what questions you want answered. You can use the “Today’s Visit” form to help you prepare.
- For children’s appointments, bring your child’s immunization records.
- You are welcome to bring a companion with you to your visit.
- Let us know if you are hard of hearing or have limited vision, a physical impairment, or other special need so that we can assist you.
- Bring your insurance card to every visit and be prepared to pay your co-payment when you check-in for your appointment. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and personal checks.
- We offer a Sliding Fee discount based on your income and family size as reported on a Sliding Fee Scale Eligibility form.
After-hours providers do not handle routine medication refil requests.
You can request your medical records by completing a release of information request at your home site.