Open Door’s integrated support services teams are available to assist our care teams, patients & the community learn about available programs and access eligible benefits directly over the phone. Contact the Member Services Department at (707) 269-7073 or your clinic’s Case Manager for detailed and up-to-date resource information.
Below are the top 10 resource categories outlined to help individuals and families during COVID-19. Keep in mind that resources change over time, and we encourage you to contact our Member Services, Case Management, and Health Connections teams for assistance.
Food for People
- Call to schedule an appointment: (707) 407-0447
- Countywide pantry listings: https://foodforpeople.org/programs/pantry-network
Oh SNAP located on HSU’s campus
- Pre-bagged food distributions twice per week. https://hsuohsnap.org/
- Meal distribution 3:30-4:30pm 7 days/week, first come first serve. (707) 407-3833
St. Vincent de Paul & Free Meal
- Hot lunch 11-12:30pm daily, open to all community members. (707) 445-9588
- Weekly food bags. Call (707) 442-6275
Humboldt Senior Resource Centers
- Meals available for drive-by pick-up, Mon-Fri. Call to make a reservation.
- Arcata- (707) 825-2027; Eureka- (707) 442-1181; Fortuna- (707) 725-6245
Arcata House Partnership Annex
- Serving food-to-go Monday-Friday 1-4pm. Call (707) 633-6236
Humboldt County Office of Education (Complete list of school districts’ lunch distribution schedules)
Family Resource centers – please see Further Assistance and Information Tab
- Instacart: www.instacart.com
- Grocery orders can be placed online & picked up at the store or delivered to your home. Accepts EBT.
Stores with special hours for seniors and immunocompromised individuals
- North Coast Co-Op: 7-8am everyday
- Eureka Natural Foods: 7-8am everyday
- Safeway: 6-9am Tues/Thurs
- Target: 8-9am Wednesdays
- Costco: 8-9am Tues/Thurs
- Wildberries: 6-7am everyday
- Walgreens: 8-9am Tuesdays
- Winco: 6-7:30am Tues/Thurs
Eviction Moratorium in place for Eureka, Arcata, Trinidad. Humboldt County considering (4/2/20)
- https://caanet.org/governor-issues-executive-order-on-covid-19-and-evictions/ for general information
Legal Services of Northern California: Call (707) 445-0866 or COVID LSNC Flier for more info.
COVID-19 California Tenant Protections: COVID-19 tenant’s rights
Homeowners: Contact your mortgage holder. Many lenders are offering options to delay mortgage payments
Humboldt Transit Authority: Free service on HTA busses. 707-443-0826
PHC-MTM Transportation Program:
- Non-Medical Transportation: (888)-828-1254
- Non-Emergent Medical Transportation: (800)-809-1350
Area 1 Agency on Aging: Volunteer Driver Program
- Medical transportation, grocery & medication delivery. Call (707) 442-3763 to enroll.
Humboldt County Mental Health:
- CV-19 MH Support: 707-268-2999, M-F 8-5pm.
- CMH Crisis Line: (707) 445-7715, Available 24-hrs/day
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255;Live online chat https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
Telephone and online mental health resources: Mental Health: Remote Services
Up-to-date information on EDD programs https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
Employee rights: COVID-19 Employee Rights
Many pharmacies are open and offering delivery services. Call your pharmacy for specific queries.
- List of pharmacies and their delivery options: CV19 Pharmacy responses
Public Health COVID-19 Information Line:
- Community information line: (707) 441-5000. Medical advice or testing questions: (707) 445-6200
- Free cell phone service. Call (877) 858-7463 or go online https://www.californialifeline.com/en
Economy Internet from Altice through Suddenlink
- 60 days free to new customers with kids K-12 and/or college students (888)633-0030 or (844)358-3147
Utility Payment support through The Salvation Army (707) 442-6475
- Samoa Boat Launch: 295 New Navy Base
- Arcata: corner of 8th & F St, Arcata
- AHP Annex (porta potty):501 9th St, Arcata
- Del Norte St. Park: 1200 West Del Norte St, Eureka
- Old Town: corner of 2nd & F St, Eureka
- St. Vincent de Paul (ADA porta potty): 35 W. 3rd St
- Rescue Mission: 110 2nd St., Eureka
- St. Vincent de Paul: 35 W. 3rd St., Eureka
- Arcata House Partnership Annex: 501 9th St., Arcata
- Rio Dell: corner of Wildwood & Elko, Rio Dell
Showers –Betty’s Showers: 35 W. 3rd St., Eureka
Dept. of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Social Services– CalWORKS, CalFresh, Medi-Cal & General Relief
Open Door Member Services: CalFresh, Medi-Cal & Cov.Ca. (707) 269-7073 (HumCo) or (707) 465-1988 (DN)
WIC: (707) 445-6255
Meal and scholastic assistance through the Humboldt County Office of Education https://hcoe.org/covid-19/
See Further Assistance and Information Tab below – many services available; Fortuna & Eureka located on school campuses
Salvation Army: (707) 442-6475. Offering weekly kid’s activity packs.
Humboldt Network of Family Resource Centers
- New web link with real-time info. regarding resource availability during COVID-19: https://www.hnfrc.org/
- Main search engine (updated quarterly): https://www.hnfrc.org/home/resource-search-engine
- Resources vary but may include: housing, food & utility assistance, hygiene products, diapers, laundry vouchers.
211 Humboldt Information and Resource Center
- COVID-19 Health and Safety Information-Community Resources
- Contact: Dial 2-1-1 or call 707-441-1001 directly
- Distributing emergency food boxes, toilet paper, diapers and disinfectant soap Friday-Sunday.
Area 1 Agency on Aging (A1AA)
- Senior Information & Assistance: (707) 442-3764 ext. 223